Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Hiking Tours
Standing majestically on the high hill top above the Punakha valley, Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten is a classic example of gorgeous traditions and architecture of Asian country.It is, however, is unique. It is not designed for community worship or for monastic retreat or education like other Buddhist Institute and Colleges. It is designed as a magical tool. It was built by the Queen Mother for heading off the negative forces and transportation peace and harmony for all the living beings.
|Trip Name||Khamsum Yulley Hiking Tours|
|Duration||6 Nights & 7 Days|
|Rate||From USD 1240|
Day 1 Arrival in Paro- Thimphu
Day 2 Thimphu Sight Seeing
Day 3 Thimphu to Punakha
Day 4 Punakha Sightseeing with Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Hike
Day 5 Punakha to Paro.
Day 6 Paro Sightseeing Tiger Nest Hike.
Day 7 Departure
Day 1 Arrival in Paro to Thimphu (1.2 hrs).
On arrival in Paro international airport you will be received by Bhutan Travel Organiser representative and transfer to Thimphu by private car. Check into your hotel. Delicious lunch will be served at your hotel and afternoon we will proceed for city sightseeing. Visit memorial chorten, stupa built in the memory of our late 3rd king and Buddha view point, which gives breathtaking pictures of entire Thimphu valley. Overnight in Thimphu, altitude 2400m.
Day 2 Thimphu sightseeing.
After our leisurely breakfast we will drive to north end of Thimphu valley and hike to Tango monastery, which is converted into Buddhist college, river side lunch. After lunch we will drive back to Thimphu city and visit handmade paper factory, visit painting school, nearby folk heritage museum and national library. Evening we will explore the weekend market (Thursday to Sunday only) and some handicrafts to understand the Bhutanese arts, textiles, painting, religious artifacts and the varieties. Overnight in Thimphu.
Day 3 Thimphu to Punakha (2.5 hrs).
After breakfast, we will checkout from the hotel and proceed to Punakha. We will stop at beautiful Dochula pass at 3050m. The pass offers stunning views of the entire northern Bhutanese Himalayas during a clear day. We have warm tea/coffee at the cafeteria and proceed to warm fertile valley of Punakha. Hike to Chimi lhakhang, the temple of fertility. Lunch at Punakha town and Visit Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Nunnery which is Buddhist college for nuns. Overnight in Punakha camping altitude 1350m.
Day 4 Punakha Sight Seeing
After breakfast visit most beautiful 17th century Punakha Dzong (fort) and nearby suspension bridge. After that drive to north valley of Punakha to hike Khansum Yulley Namgyal Chorten . It was built by the Queen Mother for heading off the negative forces and transportation peace and harmony for all the living beings.( 40-1hrs hike). After returning back go for Female /Male River rafting and River side lunch. Overnight in Punakha, Camping altitude 1350m
Day 5 PUnakha to Paro. (4hrs)
Check out from the hotel after our breakfast and drive back to Paro via, Dochula and Thimphu. On arrival in Paro, have lunch in Town, after lunch visit national museum of Bhutan, Paro dzong, Kitchu Lhakhang. Evening we will explore the tiny Paro town. Overnight in Paro, altitude 2200m.
Day 6 Paro Tiger Nest Hike.
In the morning, we will hike to Tiger’s Nest Temple, the most revered temple in the country that literally hangs on a granite cliff overlooking the Paro valley at 900m above the valley floor. The temple is associated with Guru Rimpoche who visited in 8th century and believed to have meditated three months in this cave and converted entire valley into Buddhism. It is 2 hours walk up hill for an average hiker, however it can take our almost entire day too. Lunch in the town. After lunch visit National Muesum , Paro Fort and Kitchu Lhakhang. You can also do traditional hot stone bath, Evening stroll Paro town for souviner and back to the hotel and relax .Overnight in Paro. altitude 2200m.
Day 7 Departure.
The tour will end today. After the breakfast, we will transfer you to the airport for your departure flight. Carry smile on your face, eyes with tears and memories unlimited. Tour staffs will bid you farewell at the airport departure gate with the quick prayer of save journey and to see you again in future.
- Visa Fees USD# 40/- single entry
- Sustainable development fee USD # 65/- per night per person
- All the government taxes.
- Three star hotel with all meals (APAI) (4 & 5 star Hotel are available in supplement cost)
- One English speaking guide entire your tour for your sightseeing
- Private comfortable car with driver for entire your tour including pickup and drop to airport
- Medical Pick/drop and check up in Emergency
- Entrance fees to events, historic sites, museum, and park
- Complimentary bottle drinking water entire your tour
- Complimentary 1 tourist SIM (4G) in a group
- Complimentary Archery and Darts game
- Complimentary Bhutanese dress wearing and photo sessions.
- Airfare ( International or Domestic)
- Alcoholic products
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Shopping
- Tipping to staffs
- Any other outdoor activities which are not mention in inclusion.
- What is the cost for the trip and what type of accommodation do you provide?
Ans; The Daily Cost for peak season (March, April, May, September, October and November) is USD 250 per person per night and lean Season (December, January, February, June, July and August) USD 200 per person per night. The above cost includes minimum very good 3 Star Hotels with 3 times meal a day, Government’s Sustainable Development Fee $65 per night per person and taxes, good licensed guide, private car & driver and entry fees.
- What Additional Payment do I need to pay?
Ans: Bhutan Visa Fees USD 40 per person
- If you are single traveler you have to pay additional USD 40 per night per person as Surcharge
- And if you are two travelers you have to pay additional USD 30 per night per person as Surcharge and more than 2 travelers no need to pay surcharge.
3. What documents are required for the Visa and how many days is required to approve Visa?
Ans; We just need your clear passport copy for the Visa. It takes 4 to 5 working days to approve it. Bhutan Visa is approved by government of Bhutan upon receiving the full tour payment from you. Bhutan Travel Organiser team will do on behalf of you.
- Do you book our flight? If so, which cities outside Bhutan we can fly to and from Paro and which is the most convenient as for flying to/from Bhutan?
Ans; Yes we do book the flight for you and we don’t charge service charge. We have flights to and from cities like Bangkok, Kathmandu, Delhi, Kolkata, Dhaka, Singapore, Guwahati and Bagdogra
- What is the procedure for this Trip booking with Bhutan Travel Organiser?
Ans; You will have to book your trip at least two months prior to your arrival if you are travelling in a group more than 6 people in peak seasons since we have very limited good hotels and limited flight seats. So earlier is the best. Also you need to deposit USD 500 to confirm your booking with Bhutan Travel Organiser